About The Park
This unique, 20-acre private park is located in the heart of Cascade Township serving the Metro Grand Rapids area. You’ll find plenty of towering pines, rolling hills, and wide-open green spaces just 3 miles from 28th Street!
- 16 acres of completely fenced in grounds
- One-mile jogging/hiking trail
- Trails are lighted and plowed for evening and winter use
- Two large ‘dry’ dog areas when you don’t feel like dealing with ‘muddy paws’
- Plenty of benches and tables for relaxing
- ‘Doggy Mountain’ a large dedicated sand pile for climbing and digging
- Large human-made dog swimming pond
- ‘Sunset Deck’ overlooking the pond complete with music and lounge chairs
- Strategically located water stations
- Dedicated, enclosed quiet zone area specifically for dogs under 30 pounds
- Enrichment area for agility training, obedience classes and community events!
- Self-serve dog wash tubs and drying areas
- Doggy store
- Coffee bar and lounge area
From The Owner
I LOVE Shaggy Pines and the joy it brings to members and their dogs! There is nothing better then seeing a dog running in the park with a huge smile on their face! It’s wonderful to see people and their dogs walking the trails, getting exercise, and spending quality time bonding. It’s truly a very special place.
PAM STANLEY, Owner of Shaggy Pines Dog Park
We’ve got treats for you too!
Visit our coffee and treat bar located inside the Shaggy Pines Club House. Help yourselves to free Keurig coffees and popcorn for snacking and sipping. Additionally, H20, soft drinks, snacks, and Doggie Ice Cream are available for sale.
Frequently Asked Questions
Shaggy pines is a public, members only park, but we welcome visitors (with proper documentation) anytime the clubhouse is open.
Most dogs are excellent candidates for a dog park membership. Things we look for when doing the behavioral assessment is how your dog greets other dogs one on one, how they interact with groups of dogs and how well they listen to your commands. we understand that no dog is perfect and our staff is here to help you build a better relationship with your dog.
If you have any questions about our behavioral evaluations, please give us a call at (616) 676-9464 during clubhouse hours.
All dogs at Shaggy Pines are required to be up-to-date on the following vaccinations:
- Two part canine influenza
- Negative fecal exam within last six months
Experts agree that the ideal time for puppy socialization is between 7-16 weeks. The fear impact stage is between 8-12 weeks. During this stage of development it is important that all social interactions be fun and positive. Shaggy Pines recommends that puppies start using the park after their second round of DHPP which is at 14-16 weeks. Socialized confident puppies will be great future park candidates.
To ensure everyones safety, children under the age of 10 are not permitted at the park.
Members can bring any non-member people to the park at any time; there is no charge. These non-member people are considered your guests, and you are responsible for their behavior while they are in the park. Make sure they understand and follow all park rules.
If your dog appears to be uncomfortable or the other dog appears aggressive, please remove your dog from the area. If you are concerned about the safety of your pet, notify the staff immediately.
Yes, but make sure your friend understands that the only dog she can bring to the park is your member dog. Your friend must visit the clubhouse to sign the guest liability waiver. *Even though you will not be there with your friend, she will be considered your guest and you will be responsible for her behavior while in the park.*